Research Scientist, Conversational AI (English)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) research or related fields.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Natural Language Processing or a related field.
- Experience in machine learning and natural language processing research.
- Experience in software engineering.
- Experience with reinforcement learning.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field -- we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Review different external memory implementations for Large Language Models (LLMs) that capture user information and allow reliable and efficient retrieval of information.
- Review response generation techniques that allow incorporating user feedback to result in a personalized experience.
- Develop and execute full stack engineering and collaborate with Google first-party partner teams to deliver new use cases to production.
- Explore the domain of LLM alignment to enforce agent guideline policies and evaluate them.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.