Product Strategy and Operations Principal
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in Operations/Strategy (e.g., supporting Sales, Product) and in technology (e.g., supply chain).
- Experience leading cross-functional operational and strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of cloud business.
- Ability to manage executive stakeholders and communicate with the Technical Management team.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, problem-solving and analysis skills.
About the job
In this role, you will work closely with the Product Management, Engineering, and other cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Partnership, Professional Services, Support) to develop business-level and product strategies (e.g., multi-year business plan, specific product strategies, new product or market entry business cases, Go-To-Market (GTM) strategy), drive ad-hoc strategic projects (e.g., partner models, Merger and Acquisitions (MA) business cases, incubate new initiatives, provide analytics support (e.g., define key business metrics, perform analysis or market analysis to answer important questions on product trends/business performance), and facilitate running the business (e.g., orchestrate business reviews).
- Develop market and strategic analysis, working with Leadership and Product Management team (e.g., market sizing, buy/build/partner assessment, strategy/game theory).
- Develop commercial models, pricing/packaging strategies, business case, and financial models/projections.
- Work with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, partner teams and more) to drive product-specific GTM strategies, strategic partnerships, channel strategy and incentives, customer engineering/solutions architect community/feedback.
- Provide insightful data-driven strategic recommendations to leadership, based on strategic insights, analysis, experience, technical acumen, and judgment.
- Lead cadence for managing the business. Define and track key product/business metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), lead monthly and quarterly business reviews, drive annual planning for hiring committee/spend across prioritized initiatives
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.