Data Engineer III, Google Customer Solutions
This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Redwood City, CA, USA; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience designing data models, data warehouses, and using SQL and NoSQL database management systems along with data processing using traditional and distributed systems (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Dataflow, Airflow).
- 3 years of experience in one or more object oriented programming languages (Java, C++, or Python, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering/Applied Science, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience managing projects and working with analytics, software coding, or customer-side web technologies.
- 5 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- 3 years of experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- 3 years of experience in distributed data processing and Unix or GNU/Linux systems.
- 3 years of experience working with machine learning models.
About the job
- Design, develop and support data pipelines, warehouses, and reporting systems to solve business operations, users, and product problems.
- Create extract, transform, and load (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using a variety of traditional as well as large-scale distributed data systems.
- Collaborate and influence stakeholders and support engineers to ensure our data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.