Data Entry Analyst
HolonIQ is building a global data team in Colombo, Sri Lanka and is seeking applications for open data analyst roles.
Successful applicants will be invited to complete cognitive and workstyle assessments. Following these sessions and subsequent interviews, offers will be made for analysts to start as soon as practical.
Please review the position description below and apply only if you are highly motivated, disciplined, curious and are seeking to join a fast-moving and high-performance team.
HolonIQ is the world’s leading impact intelligence platform. We support governments, institutions, firms & investors around the world to power decisions that matter.
Our customers include some of the world's largest and leading governments and NGOs, universities and research institutions, global technology companies, sovereign wealth funds, private equity and wealth managers and multinational and growth-stage companies working in energy, infrastructure, education and healthcare.
About the Role
Data Analysts in HolonIQ's Global Data Team conduct desktop research and then update and maintain information on our databases and information systems. Working in a team of peer Data Analysts and Reporting to a Data Associate, responsibilities include collecting, cleaning, enriching and entering data in our systems, collecting, classifying and analyzing information on companies, people, investments and market research. Our ideal candidate has essential data management skills, an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets and online forms. You will work with a data team and Data Associate as your manager. Previous experience as a Data Analyst or similar position will be considered an advantage. Ultimately, a successful Data Analyst will maintain accurate and up-to-date information in our systems.
- Conduct desktop research in assigned industry areas eg energy, education or healthcare.
- Compile relevant profiles, news, press releases, research and reports on areas of focus.
- Ensure the accuracy and validity of data before preparing a source data file for review.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities and check outputs.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete data sets.
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Keep information confidential.
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Excellent english communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude towards solving problems and the drive to learn quickly
- Ability to work effectively on your own initiative
- Ability to work with and within a team environment
- Prior experience in a similar role will be advantageous but not essential
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline will be considered an advantage but not essential
HolonIQ offers competitive remuneration and attracts high performers who are keen to continuously upskill and are constantly seeking to learn more about the world and the global impact economy.
You will work from our downtown Colombo office five days a week from 9 am until 5 pm. You’ll be issued with a laptop which can be utilized to work from home when approved.
You will receive extensive training and coaching in data collection, analysis, preparation and management and become an expert in your assigned industry or area of focus.
The team you will join is truly global with staff in our New York, London and Sydney offices, in addition to a growing team in Colombo that includes a broad range of experts and analysts.
HolonIQ grants 25 days paid leave per year plus statutory religious holidays.
HolonIQ staff are required to work on full moon days falling on weekdays that are not already a recognized holiday. A day in lieu of every full moon day worked is added to an employees leave entitlement. The same would apply to other statutory holidays excluding religious holidays.