Engagement Manager - Generalist
McKinsey & Company
Engagement Manager - Generalist
Who You'll Work With
What You'll Do
As a team, you will help our clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals by identifying, and oftentimes implementing, potential solutions for a specific challenge.
You will manage the day to day execution of a client project and will take ownership of its end products. You will contribute to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. You will guide and develop individual team members and ensure they have the support they need to learn and grow.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm that will invest in your professional development. As an engagement manager, you will receive training and coaching on how to better:
- Manage all aspects of a client project, including relationships with various stakeholders
- Lead high-performing teams in an inclusive, empathetic way
- Coach and sponsor others
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them by focusing on the most important challenges
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
McKinsey believes in strengths-based development and all colleagues receive frequent mentoring and coaching. You will have a senior colleague from your office or practice who will help you grow and achieve your career goals. Additionally, you will have a professional development manager who manages staffing to help you choose projects based on your priorities as well as the needs of client service teams.
In some cases, you will be asked to travel to your client site.
- Advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Prior experience as a consultant in a professional services firm preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and French
- Aerospace & Defense
- Automotive & Assembly
- Capital Projects & Infrastructure
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Financial Services
- Healthcare Systems & Services
- High Tech
- Industrials & Electronics
- Life Sciences
- Media & Entertainment
- Metals & Mining
- Oil & Gas
- Paper & Forest Products
- Private Equity & Principal Investors
- Public Sector
- Social Sector
- Travel, Transport & Logistics
- Organizational Structure
- Risk & Resilience
- Strategy & Corporate Finance
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our McKinsey Careers and Diversity & Inclusion sites.