Product Manager - McKinsey Digital
McKinsey & Company
Product Manager - McKinsey Digital
Who You'll Work With
· You will work in Tokyo as part of Build by McKinsey. Build by McKinsey is the firm's technology delivery people unit—a global team of leading technologists, passionate designers, software, data and cloud engineers, technology architects, and product managers.
· You’ll also join a global team working on everything from strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
· You’ll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn
What You'll Do
- Help diverse clients, from large corporate to potential unicorns, create and execute product strategies for their digital businesses
- Manage projects that demand product management skills for top industry players. You will be the core role of McKinsey consulting team and shape product vision, design strategy and lead agile teams
- Tackle some of the most challenging business problems for our clients. These projects can include process re-inventions for financial institutions, big data analytics for retail organizations or app development for traditional industries. As a Product Manager, you will solve problems creatively and guide our senior clients on how to achieve their strategic vision digitally.
- Master key aspects of the product, process, and technology. You will bridge business strategy, management and development teams and turn visions into reality while meeting client expectations and team efficiency.
- Excel in all aspects of agile deliverables needed for a technology team to build stunning products. This involves developing storyboards, wireframes, prioritizing backlog user stories, setting product KPIs, monitoring/tracking and commercializing products
· Maturity: more than 4-6 years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner leading cross-functional teams
· Ownership: Strong prioritization and alignment skills with business and IT stakeholders to ensure highest value capture. Ability to switch between strategic discussions with senior client leaders and agile coaching with teams. Excellent project management, communication, and influence skills with senior client business and technology executives on agile transformation.
· Resilience: Ability to work under pressure, manage client expectations effectively and cope with client pressures on team
· Language: Business level Japanese and fluent English skills (JLPT N1 / TOEIC score above 850 recommended)
· Business Building: Experience with building digital products (EC, Subscription, SaaS, Platform etc.) and leveraging technology for business goals
· Product Management expertise: Strong product instinct to build great product vision, product roadmap and competitive analysis. Ability to define, prioritize and link product features to pain points
· Team Collaboration: Experience with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating and refining product backlogs, writing user stories and developing acceptance criteria with designers and developers
· Technical Knowledge: Require 3+ years direct experience in designing and developing for business logic with using SaaS, API, data model, SQL and scripts or programming languages. Knowledge of DevOps, infrastructure, Machine Learning, and other engineering topics preferred.
· Data Analytics: Excellent analytical and data driven skills to analyze qualitative user feedback and quantitative analytics report constantly
· Design Thinking: Experience working with designers to conduct effective user survey and deliver excellent experience and usability
· Adoption: Proficiency in tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Figma, GitHub, Slack and Notion
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field and product management certifications such as PSPO or CSPO