Professional Development Coordinator
McKinsey & Company
Professional Development Coordinator
Who You'll Work With
What You'll Do
- leading staffing process for junior associates and fellows from the generalist pool to ensure that the staffing process is effectively executed; this involves obtaining detailed information from leadership regarding possible studies and likely staffing needs; recommending best available team of consultants for each study, balancing team and individual needs; communicating staffing client and non-client decisions and rationales to all parties involved;
- developing a professional relationship with consultants to understand their aspirations, experiences, strengths, development areas, and personal preferences;
- co-leading the client development time process to ensure meaningful allocation of non-staffed consultants; this involves collecting requests from the leadership and consultant’s allocation to non-client local needs, projects, etc.
- leading the pre-ASC journey: preparing fellows/JRAS for their journey by organizing events, having 1-on-1s coaching sessions on their plans and supporting where needed to guide them through this process;
- managing the information flow in the required systems: maintaining accurate entry of staffing-related information in relevant systems (i.e., iStaffing), maintaining and sharing up-to-date consultant profiles;
- liaising with finance department on staffing-related billing arrangements and monthly utilization;
- Liaising with staffing coordinators in the Benelux and in the global staffing community to explore suitable international study opportunities for our consultants in other offices, and to facilitate inbound/outbound staffing assignments;
- cooperating with local and/or BNL PD team on PD related projects (e.g. Local Learning, L2, Sponsorship and mentorship).
- Bachelor's or master's degree
- 3+ years of experience in a professional services firm, preferably (not a must) in a consultant role, or in talent management/professional development, particularly staffing
- Strong problem solving skills and capability of thinking through nuanced and complex situations and finding win/win solutions among stakeholders with differing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) at all levels; strong influencing capabilities and ability to deal with challenging and conflicting situations
- Strong interest and experience in professional development and people, including the ability to build strong relationships with a large group of consultants and a natural curiosity to learn about their strengths and development areas
- A non-hierarchical approach; flexibility and ability to build consensus
- Confident and decisive decision-making, including the ability to stand by and explain decisions through resistance of involved stakeholders; ability to find compromises
- Comfortable with multitasking, working under pressure and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Solution oriented, combined with a service mind-set
- Organizational and administrative skills with attention to detail
- A flexible team player with a collaborative style; high level of drive and initiative, willing to go the extra mile to improve existing processes and implement innovations; self-starting
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook, powerpoint and excel)
- Good judgement, strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
- Fluent in English and Dutch
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our McKinsey Careers and Diversity & Inclusion sites.