Consultant - Steel
McKinsey & Company
Consultant - Steel
Who You'll Work WithYou will join one of our offices in Greater China. You will be working with a unique blend of industry, functional, and regional expertise to help steel companies solve their most important and complex problems—and deliver fundamental, measurable, and lasting performance improvement.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for developing, defining and implementing strategies to help our clients around the world solve their most critical problems.
In this role you will work as a client-facing consultant, and as a forward-thinking knowledge builder in steel industry. You will work on projects across a wide range of topics, from strategy to operations. In a typical project, you will own a work stream to deliver the end recommendation with help from the McKinsey leadership.
Working closely with clients, you’ll manage new steel product initiatives, develop the product strategies and manage launch processes according to the market and customer needs. You’ll also help with the client on marketing and sales transformation, make market analysis, development product go-to-market strategy etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record; Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- 5-10 years of highly relevant experience in the steel or metals & mining industries
- 1-3 years in a leadership role within the business is a plus
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to trading, Capex, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal