McKinsey & Company
Who You'll Work With
You'll join in our Tokyo office as an Implementation Consultant, working with our McKinsey Implementation (MI) team.
McKinsey Implementation is a rapidly growing service offering for McKinsey & Company. It provides continuous, distinctive support to our clients to ensure they achieve and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended changes. Our implementation consultants are involved from strategy through execution with a disciplined eye on impact and sustainability at every stage of the project life-cycle. We are developing a strong team in Japan, and are looking for exceptional individuals to join us. For more information on McKinsey Implementation please visit: www.mckinsey.com/implementation
What You'll Do
You will help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
You’ll have the opportunity to manage projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will develop trust-based relationships with clients and be seen as a specialist in implementation and delivering results.
Your primary long-term projects will be closely related to our traditional projects and will provide clients with decisive support in the introduction and implementation of strategic consulting concepts in lean manufacturing, lean services, procurement, and supply chain management.
You will gain powerful experience across a number of industry sectors (including automotive, banking, aerospace, chemicals, consumer goods, financial services, healthcare, high tech, energy, pharma, retail, telecommunications etc) and deliver sustainable change that incorporates McKinsey’s latest thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree or above required (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of post-graduate work experience, including experiences in rolling out and managing large-scale implementation projects
- Professional experience in operations/line management, continuous improvement, change management, supply chain management, procurement, or lean services preferred
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line)
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Japanese (JLPT N1 level or equivalent for non-native Japanese speakers)
- Highly skilled problem solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days a week)