The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment
● Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process
● Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing
● Troubleshoot with internal departments to fix technical issues
● Complete light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming the floors and sanitizing keyboards after each candidate has finished their examination
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● Minimum of 1 year customer service experience is preferred
● Experience proctoring or invigilating exams is highly preferred
● Must be flexible in work hours and days
● Beginner to intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: TESTING CENTER
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 12482