Data Integration Engineer
Strada Education Network
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Are you ready to apply your data and engineering skills to make a positive, measurable difference in people’s lives? Do you believe in the power of education?
InsideTrack, widely recognized as one of the most innovative and mission-driven organizations in postsecondary student success, is looking for a talented Senior Integration Engineer to join our Solutions Team.
InsideTrack is a nonprofit organization that’s passionate about helping all learners achieve their education and career goals through the transformative power of coaching. Since 2001, we’ve served more than 3.2 million students, partnering with over 350 institutions and organizations to directly improve enrollment, persistence, completion and career readiness.
Our growing organization offers a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, job fulfillment, personal growth, and work-life balance. Join us in our mission to expand our impact as we improve lives and create social change.
The Data Integration Engineer will work directly with InsideTrack customers to integrate customer data from various systems into the InsideTrack coaching platform. They will be responsible for carefully documenting and tracking requirements, delivering pipelines aligned with project scope, performing QA on customer provided data, managing misalignment between customer data and standardized formats, and ensuring solutions are delivered within expected timelines. This role will be responsible for developing integration processes using a combination of programming languages and off the shelf integration tools. This role should manage manual processes to a minimum and look for automation opportunities. This role will require cross collaboration between external and internal stakeholders and as such will require comfortability with discussing complex requirements with both technical and non-technical resources.
This role may be considered for a Senior Integration Engineer depending on the candidate's skills and experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and support various ETL scripts, jobs and technologies
- With oversight from manager, create and support the development of our data pipelines
- Investigate and resolve bugs
- Develop integration automation processes using SnapLogic
- Gather and document requirements for stakeholder-requested changes to data integration
- Gather and document customer requirements for program data integration needs
- Act as data integration liaison with our client partners; provide a consultative approach when working with clients, communicating best practices to achieve client goals
- Own and develop relationships with client partner data contacts, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration
- Provide support and triage for issues related to customer programs
- Validate quality of client data through QA processes
- Document and maintain integration specification documentation for all clients
- Maintain code in GitHub repository, including providing actionable and timely feedback for peers through code review
- Stay current with new integration technologies and tool development
- Partner directly with customer to ensure best practices, and compliance with standardized formats are followed for program success
- Assess customer readiness for data integrations, proactively raising risks and potential need for non-standard implementation to manager
- Manage workload and raise issues around inability to meet deadlinesProvide feedback on business processes, and areas of process improvement
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to the product team
- Collaborate effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders, co-workers, vendors, and leadership to create new ideas for solutions that solve internal business challenges
- Proactively flag opportunities to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to our client partners
- Security is everyone’s responsibility at Strada Collaborative, Inc. In order to protect the company’s personnel, customers, assets and mission, security is the responsibility of every employee.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of related work experience with demonstrated knowledge and ability to think critically about data
- A working understanding of SnapLogic and/or other low-code/no-code integration tools
- Exposure to one or more ETL tools and an understanding of ETL pipelines
- Experience in the development of technology based solutions including understanding of data integrations
- Excellent presentation and client communication skills working with various levels of client contacts in both technical and non-technical roles and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels adjusting communications according to the technical knowledge and skills of the audience
- Experience with SFTP tools
- Experience in gathering requirements and testing
- Care deeply about data quality and governance
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upward with a positive attitude
- SQL Skills or desire to work towards gaining these skills
- Ability to cultivate strong interpersonal customer and coworker relationships and work effectively cross functionally
- Ability to read and interpret complex information, talk with customers and listen attentively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to respond well under pressure
- Ability to apply best practices for effective communication and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication including the ability to write technical documentation
- Must protect the confidentiality of student personal information and comply with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Must comply with all company procedures and policies, including company privacy and security policies
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Position may require travel up to 5% of time to attend client meetings with possibility of some overnight travel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching; eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, and other office equipment. Requires sufficient range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports on a laptop computer. Also requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
Please answer all questions for your application to be considered.