Strategic Partnerships Manager, Create, Japan
The Principal, Strategic Partnerships, Japan will identify, structure and close partnerships and business development opportunities with the leading Japanese companies employing real-time 3D (RT3D) technology.
Unity is looking for a knowledgeable, focused leader who will establish and cultivate significant relationships to drive strategic and commercial value from new and established partners! You will uncover the customer's plans for growth and innovation, identify critical business challenges, and gain insights about their corporate strategy and product roadmap. You will craft innovative commercial solutions that deliver substantial value with Unity's leading real-time 3D (RT3D) technology.
You will collaborate with Unity senior executives, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal and other leaders to develop and implement strategies that establish critical strategic partnerships. You should be able to communicate the value of Unity’s products within gaming, digital twin, and film and television, and use cross-functional leadership skills to ensure success.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and drive key partner relationships that build new value for Unity and our developer, professional artist, and business ecosystem in Japan
- Build new – often first-of-their-kind – models to accelerate Unity critical initiatives in Japan across multiple business lines
- Establish and maintain direct relationships with senior executives, and be the “lead evangelist” of new and emerging Unity technologies
- Drive partnerships forward, internally and externally, to achieve the intended business outcomes for the partner and for Unity. Lead quarterly business reviews with partners to ensure the value Unity is providing is understood and aligns with top critical initiatives
- Evaluate partner needs and scope out commercial terms that provide value for all parties, manage and resolve partner issues
What we’re looking for
- Understanding of the digital transformation, cloud, mobile, AR/VR landscape is important
- Deep knowledge of media and entertainment industry, including production and distribution
- Ability to structure, negotiate and implement complex strategic partnerships
- Strong listening skills and experience partnering across the company to drive strategies alongside and in conjunction with the team
- Willing to take action, self-starter with the ability to move quickly and build consensus with partners
You might also have
- Experience within management consulting or investment banking
- Experience leading company-wide alignment on partner priorities and activities
- Consistent record of overachieving objectives
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Immigration - Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.