Data Centre Technician
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. Our focus is to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and improved productivity.
As a Data Centre Engineer you will play an integral role supporting our infrastructure which is responsible for providing Unity developers with the necessary tools and services to create innovative technologies.
As a member of our established team, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of tools and infrastructure that empower developers to shape the future of gaming using Unity. Joining our dynamic, international, and diverse work environment, you will collaborate with many teams across the company. Your contribution will be crucial in building and supporting services that cater to thousands of developers worldwide. Moreover, as we continuously explore new frontiers and forge ahead, there will be ample opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge alongside the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Deploy and assist with the physical rollout of new hardware into racks
- Work with automated installations of OS and infrastructure services
- Collaborate with the team to resolve hardware, network, and infrastructure issues promptly, minimizing downtime and service disruptions
- Process RMAs to ensure adequate hardware levels are maintained
- Identify future requirements and participate in planning activities
What we’re looking for
- Solid knowledge and experience in working with computers or server hardware
- A basic understanding of a Data Centre, its infrastructure components, including servers, storage systems, networking devices, and power distribution units
- Possess basic troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Able to provide support across multiple platforms such as Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Experience with cabling, including cable management and installation best practices
You might also have
- An understanding of software development, and knowledge of a programming or scripting language such as Python or Go
- Basic knowledge of networking principles, protocols, and technologies, such as TCP/IP, VLANs, routing, and switching
- Experience with Raspberry Pi/SBC or similar, also knowledge of maintaining a variety of devices such as phones and games consoles
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Immigration - Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.