Senior Software Engineer
You will join Unity's Site Reliability Engineering team, who is responsible on defining and further developing tools and processes around reliability and resiliency. Our goal is to accelerate the success of developers at Unity in delivering high value products that our customers love (Easier, Faster, Safer).
SRE teams at Unity are geographically distributed between AMER, EMEA and APAC. Within EMEA the team is spread between Helsinki, Vilnius and Copenhagen.
We are highly passionate about helping teams to learn from each others findings, and you will help us to get people be more proactive when it comes to identifying issues within their services, architecture and design.
You will also help others around you to grow by mentoring and influence even wider audience by hosting workshops and trainings throughout the all of Unity.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing services and tools for automatically detecting, eliminating and preventing service disruptions
- Participate in defining Site Reliability policy, process, technology and standard methodologies
- Training and mentoring development teams on SRE focus areas
What we’re looking for
- Solid understanding of the Go Programming language
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong software development fundamentals
- Familiarity with cloud environments and infrastructure as a code
- Experience with microservice architectures
You might also have
- Experience in working in agile environment
- Capability to lead feature development
- Contribution to open source projects and/or an exciting Github page
- Healthy obsession with metrics and measurement
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
International relocation support is not available for this position.