Senior Environment Artist
Unity’s Demo team creates real-time projects (cinematics and interactive) intended to represent the highest level of quality that can be achieved with the Unity real-time 3D platform with special attention to graphics. Our projects include award-winning short films such as: The Heretic (2020), Book of the Dead (2018) and Adam (2016).
As a small team consisting primarily of senior artists and developers, the Demo team works under creative autonomy within Unity and is led by the vision and strategy of Creative Director Veselin Efremov. The team uses the latest in Unity’s technology development and research, pushing the envelope on what the Unity engine is capable of.
We are looking for an expert Environment Artist who wants to become part of the team.
If you like what we do and want to help us, we are very eager to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Creatively interpret concept art and references, follow creative direction, and contribute your own ideas to build appealing, convincing high-fidelity environments that support and elevate the storytelling aspects of our content productions
- Collaborate with technical teams to inform and validate new technologies and pipelines as they are being developed
- Maintain a clean and structured project space which can be easily made available to other teams and external users
- Participate in the ongoing updates and maintenance of the projects
- Share the knowledge accumulated through production with the wider Unity community through presentations, articles and making-of materials
What we’re looking for
- You are an expert in building photorealistic environments for Film or VFX productions from start to finish, including modelling, texturing, and lookdev, where needed
- You have understanding of both natural and human-made environments, exteriors and interiors
- You have a drive for excellence, a critical artistic eye, and keen attention to detail
- You manage yourself efficiently: you prioritize your work with an eye on the big picture, and you allocate your effort where it is most needed for creating the highest impact
- You are comfortable with early adoption of new technologies, tools, workflows, and techniques that can boost your efficiency or the quality of your output
- You have strong communication skills and are able to work efficiently within a remote setup
- Experience working in a real-time environment is a plus but not a must
The Demo team is located at Unity’s offices in Stockholm and in Copenhagen. If you are not already based in one of these two exciting cities, we would be happy to provide relocation support for you to move here. And if this is not an option, Unity has offices in many other places, so it should be possible to figure something out that works for you and us.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.