Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure Services
At Unity, we’re looking for people to join us to improve not just what we develop, but how we develop. We’re scaling our efforts to increase developer efficiency, ensuring that every second of development time is spent on the things that matter.
Our mission includes partnering with our internal development efforts to enable increased velocity and enhanced productivity as we grow globally.
One of our values is Best Idea Wins so you'll be pushed to experiment and challenge convention in order to achieve this.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be part of a growing team focused on self-service tools and infrastructure, powering the build/test automation on all Unity platforms. You’ll be passionate about technology and have the chance to create highly usable tools, solutions and workflows that you can be proud of! You’ll understand and have empathy for our users, guiding them to success and steering their future development needs.
Our tech stack includes everything from Postgres, Golang, gRPC to queues, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Nomad and Kubernetes.
What you’ll be doing
- Architecting, developing, maintaining and operating application services, systems automation and monitoring
- Collaborating effectively within and across teams
- Taking part in technical discussions, investigating complex problems, researching, and collaborating on solutions
- Partnering with product management and development teams across Unity, to deliver the best end-to-end developer experience
- Supporting development peers with deeper technical investigations on issues
What we’re looking for
- Wide practical experience with Golang, protobuf, and gRPC APIs
- Experience developing, deploying, and operating container-based services
- An understanding of microservices architecture, async communication, and high availability systems
- Empathy for your users
You might also have
- Experience with build systems, unit-tests, and CI configuration and leading a project or proactively driving your own work
- Experience as a Cloud Administrator (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Practice supporting internal teams and doing incident management
International relocation support not available for this position
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.