Quality Assurance Lead, Solutions Games
At Unity, we are continuing to grow our internal world-class game development team. Our mission is to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase Unity’s technologies at their best!
This exciting new team comprises designers, artists and engineers who are building full games across a variety of game platforms.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our team and drive the quality of our games to the highest standards. You will be comfortable working closely with development teams to define and implement a test strategy to ensure our games are polished, stable and aligned with platform requirements.
The team will be based around our offices in Stratford-upon-Avon. Whilst we believe it is critical for creative teams to come together periodically, our hybrid working policy will allow you to find the right balance between working from home and the office.
When we’re at the office you’ll find us in a set of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors, where the environment is informal, relaxed, and inclusive.
We are committed to equal opportunities and growing a diverse team, we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the game development and design teams to understand game specifications, mechanics and goals to build effective testing and quality strategies.
- Develop comprehensive test plans, test cases and scenarios that provide metrics that establish our quality status.
- Coordinate and conduct testing of games at various stages of development, including internal and external playtest, to identify and document defects and usability issues.
- Collaborate with the teams to establish automated testing tools and processes that efficiently and effectively drive our quality standards up.
- Stay up to date with platform technical requirements, checklists and submission processes.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in a QA leadership role within the gaming industry, with a track record of successful game releases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, capable of working with cross-functional teams.
- Highly organised with a logical, methodical approach to work, and an outstanding attention to detail.
You might also have
- Experience of developing or testing games built in Unity.
- Shipped games on console or mobile platforms.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.