Senior HR Business Partner, Grow Ads
Unity continues to be a market leader! As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will be a trusted and strategic partner to the Grow Ads business which is the third largest Ads business in the gaming industry. Driving strategy and aligning strategic objectives with employees and management. As part of the Grow HRBP team, you will partner with clients in the engineering and product functions. These are org leaders who desire your expertise and strategic direction in driving people & operational plans for them. In your day to day work, your key internal partners are typically across Finance, Recruiting and our HR COEs (People Operations, Talent & Development, Compensation, Diversity & Inclusion).
Our HR team provides proactive solutions for a broad scope of business activities, from employee relations, performance management, and compliance to compensation and benefits. You will support our company’s rapid growth globally. Reporting to the Director, HR business partnerships, our ideal candidate would understand what it means to support a growing global organization. You will use your real time problem-solving skills to thrive in an environment that is ambitious and oriented to achieving great things.
You will ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities, maintain open and transparent lines of communication, and keep our employees and teams thriving and well supported. This person will also work closely with Unity’s Recruitment team to ensure headcount and growth is on target and aligned with overall company objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and execute HR strategy - offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people related strategy and execution.
- Provide insights to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions. Provide expertise and coach managers on appropriate people management practices, i.e. org design, performance management, rewards & recognition, and retention strategies etc.
- Build and maintain employee morale and culture for teams you support as well as develop high-functioning organisations.
- Be the glue that brings all relevant information from multiple partners to help inspire change and translate to standard processes.
- Develop a strong relationship with all relevant external partners such as finance and recruiting to ensure all budgets and headcount are driven towards plan.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. MBA or MA in HR-related field is preferred.
- Experience in a strategic HR role, working directly with senior level management, preferably having partnered with a research & development or engineering organization before.
- Exercise judgment with sensitive/ confidential issues - strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and a demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Thrives in the grey where problems are not clearly defined and not all processes are fully built out - can dig into the weeds as needed to execute with excellence. Ability to work autonomously and work with a remote manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of communication settings and styles.
You might also have
- Passionate about the employee and manager experience—it’s always top of mind for you. We solve for their experience, not ours
- Hungry to try new and creative approaches. We don’t want traditional solutions unless they happen to be the best ones. You know all the latest solutions and have a point of view on their value
- Project Management Experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
International relocation support is not available for this position.