Sr. Technical Product Manager, Commerce Platform
At Unity, we envision a world where anyone can create, whether they are working independently or collaborating on large projects. Our Senior Technical Product Manager for Go-To-Market Technology will play a vital role in realizing this vision by ensuring customers can gain access to our latest technology with the least amount of friction possible.
You will be a part of our Cloud Platform product team, working on critical projects that shape the backbone of our commerce portals. From improving our storefront capabilities to crafting a common system for product onboarding, your work will influence the way creators interact with our products.
Short-term success in your role means delivering clear and concise direction to engineering teams, enabling them to effectively improve our platform's capabilities.
Long-term success entails creating a vision for go-to-market technology towards a comprehensive marketplace that allows 3rd-party developers to engage directly with our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Defining the strategy for Unity's unified commerce backbone, specifically focusing on how those foundations contribute to a scalable 3rd-party marketplace.
- Understanding our customers and their needs. This includes conducting user research, analyzing market trends, and understanding user behavior, in order to concisely explain why we're spending time on any given effort.
- Engaging with product, IT, business, legal, support, and finance teams across Unity, to ensure they can easily accomplish their work when using our systems. This includes explaining the product's strategy, discussing progress towards goals, and capturing feedback to inform future decisions.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience in delivering strategic outcomes that drive customer success and contribute to significant business growth.
- Proven skills in negotiating with collaborators and making decisions that affect multiple teams.
- Expertise in information architecture and technical writing, with particular skill in catering a message to specifically defined audiences.
- A history of advocating for the user. Your understanding of the user allows for prioritizing their needs during the design and development process, by validating ideas and assumptions through user testing and feedback.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.