Senior Technical Artist, Solutions Games
At Unity, we are continuing to grow our internal special game development team. Our mission is to bring incredible games to life for our customers and showcase Unity’s technologies at their best!
This exciting new team comprises designers, artists and engineers who are building full games across a variety of game platforms.
We are looking for a creative Senior Technical Artist to help during the early incubation and prototyping stages. The role will then evolve to focus on the needs of production as the scale of development grows!
During the early stages of the project you’ll enjoy variety and be comfortable working in a number of areas. This will include visual effect development, shader authoring and art tooling. You’ll also be passionate about the efficiency of art creation, with experience of using procedural content generation tools and an eye on the future of that technology.
The team will be based around our offices in Stratford-upon-Avon. Whilst we believe it is important for creative teams to come together periodically, our hybrid working policy will allow you to find the right balance between working from home and the office.
When we’re at the office you’ll find us in a set of converted farm buildings, surrounded by sheep and tractors, where the environment is informal, relaxed, and inclusive.
We are committed to equal opportunities and growing a diverse team, we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with a small creative team to solve an array of technical art challenges during the incubation and prototyping phase.
- Supporting the art and engineering teams from a technical perspective as they grow and the project moves into production.
- Dedicating time to modern procedural art generation techniques to assist the art team.
- Establishing the technical art processes used by the group.
- Helping grow a larger art and technical art team over time.
What we’re looking for
- Both creative and technical viewpoints that allow you to bridge the gap between teams and play a vital role in delivering the artistic vision for the game.
- Knowledge of technical art fundamentals such as modelling, materials, rigging, animation, lighting and pipeline tool development.
- Experience in writing shaders for real-time rendering and using tools such as Max, Maya, Blender or Houdini professionally.
- Experience of the full game development cycle.
You might also have
- Experience of developing games or game prototypes in Unity.
- Experience in digital content creation using tools such as Substance Painter, ZBrush, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.