Software Engineer (On-Set Support)
Unity/Wētā Digital's Engineering Department is seeking a versatile and enthusiastic On-Set support engineer to join our team and support our virtual production operations.
If you're passionate about collaborating with and helping users create visually stunning films, we want to talk to you!
This opportunity is to join Wētā Digital's NZ On-Set support team. You will be charged with maintaining Weta’s tools and technology used to facilitate the virtual filmmaking process. Your role will involve triaging issues, identifying bugs and bottlenecks, and collaborating with on-set artists to find pragmatic solutions to high-priority problems. This role operates in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and you are expected to handle high-pressure situations with composure and confidence. Additionally, it’s important to be aware that this position may require working flexible hours or on weekends to meet the demands of the production.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Immigration - Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
- Provide front-line technical support for artists authoring content for virtual production
- Troubleshoot software, debug issues and liaise with other development teams
- Assist in testing, deployment and training of new software and workflows
- Triage issues from engineering and pipeline software support queues
- Proactively identify and find resolution to bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Python debugging and profiling experience (additionally, Linux experience is a strong preference)
- Customer oriented, demonstrating insight into user’s challenges and the ability to provide support to ensure a positive user experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong sense of prioritization and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Can work independently and collaborate with technical and artistic teams across the facility
- Ability to convey complex topics simply and cater to the appropriate audience (e.g. discussing something with a C++ engineer vs TD vs Animator)
- Familiarity with VFX production pipelines and common DCC apps (Maya, Motionbuilder, etc)
- Hands-on experience with debugging tools such as gdb, vtune, heaptrack
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.