Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Database)
Are you a hardworking engineer with experience in data engineering and database administration? If so, help us introduce new processes and procedures to improve the way Weta FX administers our varied database ecosystem!
The Weta FX Infrastructure Services team provides support to the development community. Our scope includes tools and support for version control, build systems, database platform management and developer consulting. Our environment consists of a number of relational database systems including MySQL MariaDB and PostgreSQL along with some NoSQL ones including Cassandra, Elastic, MongoDB and Neo4j.
This role offers a significant opportunity to craft and improve how Weta FX handles its data. It suits people with a DBA, analyst programming, SQL report writing or statistics background, or other similar experience.
What you’ll be doing
- Instituting a program of works to upgrade and optimise our various database implementations
- Best practice database administration: provisioning, monitoring, cloning, replication, backups, upgrades, availability, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, recovery, archiving, tuning, query optimisation, change control and capacity planning
- Developer support, user education, and provision of various development and data-oriented services
- Platform architecture, project-based work, strategy development, technology research
What we’re looking for
- Familiarity with analytics for database and infrastructure performance (database insights)
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Kafka or similar adjunct data systems
- Holistic proficiency in database management and performance (design patterns) and patching/upgrade management and the possible impacts to the business
- Infrastructure automation using Puppet, Ansible/AWX (preferred), Terraform or similar orchestration tools 5 bullets
You might also have
- Excellent relationship management and problem-solving skills
- An eye for detail, with strong communication skills
In return, we offer a flexible, creative, dynamic and supportive environment and the opportunity to work with groundbreaking technology at one of the world’s premiere visual effects companies!
Domestic relocation is available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.