Developer Support Engineer
We believe work is better when people are in the same physical space together. At Unity, we offer a hybrid-first approach that fosters the alignment and connectedness we get from being together while retaining the benefits of flexibility. Employees are expected to work from an office on average 3-days a week unless otherwise agreed with the company or specified in their employment contract.
Unity provides a growing range of products to our customers as solutions for use in industries beyond games. These products complement the core Unity Engine and Editor used by thousands of developers worldwide.
Unity's Customer Success Everywhere facilitates these products' adoption reactively and proactively. In our team, we support customers using Unity efficiently into enterprise environments, helping them optimize their RT3D design before and during the runtime experience, and adopt our Cloud technology optimally.
We are looking for a developer support engineer with previous experience in a customer-facing role and a mission to help customers achieve their success.
You will need good problem-solving skills, curiosity, teamwork, and a huge appetite for learning, as the role requires supporting different products of the Unity portfolio in the field of Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Operation (AECO). Customer support is done via online tickets, video calls/conferences, and occasionally onsite.
This is a permanent position based in our Tokyo office.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the first point of contact for technical inquiries from customers, using the Zendesk ticketing system to manage and prioritize issues
- Investigate, research, debug, and solve problems, interacting with customers and internal development engineers to do so
- Participate in calls with customers as needed to solve issues faster
- Collaborate with your colleagues to continually improve processes, ensure team success, and contribute to the Unity documentation and other resource materials
- Maintain excellent relations between the support team and other departments within Unity
What we’re looking for
- Technical experience in troubleshooting and problem-solving in a client-facing capacity
- Willingness to learn new skills and areas of Unity
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Able to manage your own time effectively, set priorities, and work independently towards a goal.
You might also have
- IT admin, Networking, or security skills
- Experience with VR/XR platforms, 3D or CAD modeling packages, and data formats
- Work experience in the AECO sector
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.