Manager, Revenue Accounting
Unity’s Accounting team is looking to hire an Accounting Manager for our Revenue Accounting team that will be an integral part of our organization working with a distributed team to drive efficiency! Partnering with accounting, FP&A, and business operations, the role will support the month-end close and revenue operational processes of our business units.The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting background, be able to roll up their sleeves, prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated and a team player with a very strong working knowledge of US GAAP. In addition, the candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re redefining development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community. Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
This is a hybrid role based in our Bangalore office.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the revenue contract review process to ensure sales contracts are in compliance and accounted for in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist in the review and preparation of monthly revenue accounting activities, including but not limited to the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis
- Assist in the review of consolidated financial statements/footnotes and SEC supporting deliverables for internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, AR, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs to help drive key initiatives and process improvements.
- Support integration and onboarding of new acquisitions
- Assist in the review and documentation of internal controls and provide recommendations for improvement or automation where necessary
- Partner with internal and external auditors and support financial statement audits, as necessary
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requests from the business and special projects, as needed
What you're looking for
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of Revenue accounting (ASC 606/IFRS15), with management experience
- Chartered Accountant
- Strong US GAAP knowledge
- 6+ years of related experience ideally with Big 4 and/or large public companies
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills; with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
You might also have
- Experience with Salesforce, Zuora Revenue, Zuora Billing, Workday Financials, Netsuite
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.