Clinical Business Development - South Florida
Western Governors University
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Must be domiciled south of Fort Meyer/Jupiter, Florida
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and manages relationships with hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and other sites for all clinical placement programs within the Leavitt School of Health.
- Researches and evaluates potential healthcare sites to determine if they qualify for future partnership.
- Obtains initial signatures and renewal signatures on contracts between Western Governors University and clinical sites, based on alignment with course competencies.
- Manages relationships with existing clinical agency partners to ensure student and clinical site satisfaction as well as successful clinical experiences for all clinical placement programs and sustains or increases placement commitments.
- Responsible for the identification and assessment of concerns related to clinical experiences; facilitates appropriate intervention with the CSDWM.
- Creates and delivers presentations to key hospital and site leaders.
- Develops innovative partnerships with hospital and site educators and leadership to provide educational services.
- Cultivates relationships to source potential full and part-time faculty.
- Maintains complete knowledge and understanding of WGU curriculum and clinical placement programs, and able to effectively explain the model to clinical partners.
- Participates in academic planning to secure clinical partnerships to ensure adequate student clinical placement.
- Develops deep partnerships to increase WGU’s reach and educational impact.
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Develops a relevant strategic plan for overall fiscal year goals which include partnership launches, maintenance, and project timelines.
- Engages in consistent partnership communication that will enhance WGU being top of mind for educational opportunities.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts, and account management
- Meets with the CSDWM weekly and as needed to discuss timelines and progress towards the acquisition of clinical sites
- Authentically projects and reflects the mission of WGU add its cultural beliefs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Skill in inside sales and/or sales support techniques.
- Knowledge of business development and/or sales competencies.
- Strong knowledge or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers.
- Ability to make presentations to healthcare leaders and educators and be comfortable developing relationships via phone and in person.
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of the project life cycle.
- Professional knowledge and ability in strategic planning, marketing, and sales concepts.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant to major impact on department, Function, or Office results. May be responsible for managing large projects or processes within the department, function, or office.
- Performs work as directed with limited oversight.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Responsible for leveraging a systems-thinking approach, making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems, and plans within the department, Function, or Office.
- Problems and issues faced are numerous and challenging, will require detailed information gathering and analysis. Problems typically affect multiple areas or specialties.
Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates cross-functionally with employees within and outside of the department. Typically has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the University.
- Works to influence parties within and outside the department, Function, or Office regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
Leadership & Talent Management
- Is responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other employees in the department, Function, or Office. Responsible for managing projects involving delegation of work and review of others’ work products.
- Demonstrates the WGU leadership principles in all aspects of service to students, employees, and partners of WGU.
- Must be domiciled south of Fort Meyer/Jupiter, Florida
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Marketing or Health Related field.
- Three (3) years of successful demonstration of business development and/or sales competencies.
- Experience to include making presentations to healthcare leaders and educators and developing relationships via phone and in person.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Marketing or Health Related field.
- Five (5) Years of experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers.
- Prior experience and knowledge of project management methodologies and Salesforce or related software.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time independently by car, train, transit, and plane.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.