Western Governors University
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
This positions is located in the SALT LAKE CITY office.
Internal Applicants: Please have your application submitted prior to 10/24 to be considered for this opening.
Job Profile Summary:
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to Senior Leadership at Western Governors University. This role is essential in the organization of many activities and schedules while also remaining responsible for office management. The Executive Assistant must always maintain confidentiality, as this role will frequently work with sensitive information and participate in strategic planning and implementation. The Executive Assistant presents a positive organizational image to the public, employees, and students in support of WGU’s mission to provide students with a flexible, affordable, and quality education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Represent WGU (Western Governors University) to internal and external audiences.
- Perform Administrative functions for Senior Leadership.
- Assist with planning, scheduling, and follow-up business discussions.
- Coordinate communications and meetings internally with cross-functional leaders
- Manage Senior Leadership’s calendar and travel – optimize travel arrangements to leverage cost and flexibility.
- Develop and edit internal and external communications to include press, speeches, and other specialized communications as needed.
- As follow-up to meetings, establish and maintain reporting, tracking of deliverables and action items.
- Establish and maintain electronic and physical file systems.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, compose correspondence.
- Assist with budget management, monitor expenses, create and submit expense reports for corporate credit card and Senior Leadership expenses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Experience in working with analytics to analyze data and identify trends.
- Ability to work with confidential information and to apply maturity and discretion in daily operational role.
- Efficient and organized with great attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to articulate concepts and ideas effectively with minimal supervision.
- Experience with managing calendars, meeting planning, scheduling, all facets of travel arrangements.
- Experience with reviewing and responding to correspondence.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, and work on multiple deadline-driven priorities
- Works to achieve operational targets within job areas that impact on the overall achievement of results for the job area.
- Work is limited in scope and performed independently on moderately complex projects and assignments with some guidance required for direction and complex tasks. Sets objectives for oneself to meet the goals of projects or assignments. Work is closely supervised.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Responsible for employing minor changes in systems and processes to solve problems.
- Identifies, defines, and addresses problems that are not immediately evident but typically not complex. Issues are within the immediate job area and solved through prior experiences or standard procedures.
Communication & Influence:
- Collaborates with contacts typically within the job area to obtain information or provide explanations and interpretation.
- 5-7 years of administrative office experience, working with senior executives.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge through advanced education.
- This role requires 3 days a week located in the Salt Lake City office, the other 2 day can be remote.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in Higher Education Administration and/or working in a Distributed Environment.
- Bilingual a huge plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.