Strategic Partnerships Manager - Northwest
Western Governors University
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
*This position requires you to be located in western Washington state*
Our goal at WGU is to foster a diverse, inclusive environment where students, faculty, and staff can be their best selves as they learn and grow. WGU has an active and growing Diversity Equity and Inclusion program to focus on advancing equity among all of our stakeholders.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager (SPM) expands the impact of WGU’s network of academic and employer relationships to support the University’s mission. WGU’s partnerships increase market reach and student access, improve affordability, and enhance the student experience. This position will develop partnerships within the Northwest Region – specifically around the western side of Washington state – promoting the value of our educational programs while executing a flywheel approach to effectively benefit both the university and its partners.
What you'll do…
- Develop deep and lasting partnerships to increase WGU’s reach and educational impact
- Authentically project and reflect the mission of WGU
- Own each partnership ensuring launches, maintenance, timelines, student impact, and business results are achieved
- Research, recommend, attend, and participate in regional and professional organizations or events to represent and promote WGU
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of progress
- Maintain consistent communication with your team and leadership while working independently to create partnerships
What you'll need…
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 2-4 years’ experience in business development and strategic partnerships
- A strategic thinking mindset with an ability to enhance partnerships for all populations
- Adaptability with the changing environment of WGU and higher education
- Problem solving ability with a prove history of innovative thinking
- Collaborative and respectful with communication internally and externally
- A student obsessed mindset with a determination to see others succeed no matter their background
Bonus points for…
- Strong business networks already in the region are highly desired
- Broad knowledge of project management
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite
Why Join WGU?
- We provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- We offer generous retirement and health-saving-account company contributions
- We offer paid time off, and depending on role, options for flexible and remote work
- We offer discounted WGU tuition for you and your family!
- You will be part of a growing, diverse, inclusive workforce, dedicated to creating pathways to a better life for our students by expanding access to education. We commit to creating an inclusive environment where all can thrive, regardless of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.