Senior Systems Engineer
Western Governors University
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Constantly strive for team performance in delivery and customer satisfaction
• Drive new architecture proof of concepts and best practices
• Will be subject matter expert
• Review developer code and Salesforce deployment packages to ensure best practices and procedures are adhered to.
• Demonstrated advance knowledge of Integrations with other business systems
• Mentor other Salesforce Administrators
• Maintain data integrity in all Salesforce orgs.
• Perform system administration, configuration, and support for Salesforce.
• Create excellent relationships with business units and IT teams.
• Lead and review configuration based changes to ensure business best practices and procedures are adhered to.
• Establish processes that will maintain data integrity in all Salesforce orgs.
• Interact appropriately with products that interact with Salesforce (Marketo, Formstack, Qualtircs etc)
• Understand integrations to external systems
• Participate in and serve as a resource for any Salesforce related projects.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Solid understanding of when to apply configuration and when to apply custom code
• Up to date knowledge of latest releases in Salesforce (Lightning, Process Builder, etc)
• Clear understanding of business value and Agile principles
• Proven knowledge of Apex and Visual Force, Java script, the Salesforce API, SQL and SOQL
• System administration experience
• Assist management with vetting, selecting and implementing new Salesforce related technology solutions.
• Excellent leadership and project management skills.
• Self-starter with a strong ability to use initiative and work autonomously under tight commercially sensitive deadlines.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and writing communication.
• Strong customer focus.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Strong oral and written communications abilities.
• Solid technical and problem solving skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.